It was probably on the morning of August 6, 1882, when the world’s first pancake-making restaurant opened in a small corner of the city of Sonepat.
The place was a gift from the city’s governor, Mysore, to the new king of India, the Maharaja, in a lavish dinner hosted by the British government.
The king invited Mysor to stay for a few days in Sonepatra, then returned to Bombay to see if he could establish a permanent business.
Mysoreda and his wife, Anjali, were not to return until after the king’s coronation, which took place the next day.
The next day, Miesoreda was arrested and sent to jail in Mumbai, where he was tortured for six days before finally being freed on August 19, 1883.
While the Maharajah was on his way back to India, he met with the Indian ambassador, and they negotiated the establishment of a permanent restaurant in Bombay.
The first Pancake house in Bombay was a mere five blocks away, on the corner of Wadala and Wadala Street.
Miesore’s nephew, Mankeshwar, came up with the idea of creating a restaurant in the area in 1883, and after a few weeks of planning and construction, it opened on January 5, 1884.
This small, humble restaurant served up pancakes, pastries, and sandwiches, all with a simple, local flavor.
It wasn’t until 1906 that Mysores nephew, Ravi, took over the management of the restaurant, which had grown so popular that the city started issuing special menus.
The restaurant quickly grew and by 1909, the first restaurant in Sydney was open, and the next year, in Melbourne, the city also opened its first Pancakeshouse.
When the Mysorianas took over in 1891, the place changed drastically.
Minshir, a Bengali immigrant who had been a cook in the original Pancake Houses, was moved to replace Mysoros nephew, but the Maysores remained in charge.
The Pancakes house had become so popular and popular that in 1907, the King and Queen of India ordered the Mainshirs to open a restaurant to cater to the needs of the community, and in 1913, the restaurant opened its doors for the first time.
Today, Sonepi and Wadali Streets remain the major commercial arteries of Sion, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, and Hyderabad.
The original Pancakes House remains a landmark in Sion’s business district.
The first Pancaket was served from 1908 to 1909 and has since been popular throughout the city.
On February 7, 1921, the last of the original Mysors family died, leaving only his eldest son, Minsir, to run the business.
He opened the first Pancashouse on March 1, 1924.
A large number of Sones were built for the Midshipmen’s Birthday, which was celebrated on March 3, 1926.
While there is no official record of the exact date of its opening, it is likely that the original pancake place was first established in 1884 or earlier.
By 1931, the Minshiks were serving their last meal in the building.